WHAT IS THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE?
The Social Enterprise Alliance is the only member organization in North America to bring together the diverse field of social enterprise. It serves as advocate for the field, hub of information and education, and builder of a vibrant and growing community of social enterprises.
- SEA advocates for public policies that enable the social enterprise sector to accomplish more of its mission. SEA convenes social enterprises, foundations, universities, corporations, and technical assistance providers to amplify the field’s voice with legislators, other government officials, and with the media. SEA mobilizes the social enterprise community to advocate for public policies that enable it to better address social and environmental challenges.
- SEA helps the mission-based community be more effective. The collective expertise of our members brings a vast amount of knowledge and commitment to tackling and resolving critical social and environmental challenges. We help our field advocate for sensible public policies, encourage effective practices, accelerate learning, monitor trends that affect the field, and address other key issues.
- SEA brings together leaders so they can develop ideas and take action. SEA is the one organization that enables leaders and innovative thinkers from across the social enterprise field to connect with each other, invent new solutions, share experiences, and inspire creativity.
WHAT DOES THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ALLIANCE - LOS ANGELES CHAPTER DO?
The mission of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Social Enterprise Alliance is to support and advance the field of social enterprise in the Los Angeles region through networking, training, public education, and advocacy.
Our long-term priorities:
- To develop an extensive network of LA-based social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, social investors, and all other individuals and organizations interested in social enterprise.
- To encourage and support LA-based social entrepreneurs through mentorships, financial support, trainings, and more.
- To inform and engage the broader Los Angeles community with respect to the emerging trends and opportunities in social enterprise.
- To advocate for a local, statewide and national policy agenda that supports social enterprise and entrepreneurs.
WHERE ELSE DOES SEA HAVE CHAPTERS?